Kieran Tierney Profile

Best Night of Wilshere Career in Arsenal

Jack Wilshere and Cesc Fabregas


Jack Wilshere capped a crazy few weeks with the “best night of his Arsenal career” on Wednesday.

It’s been a whirlwind season for the 19-year-old midfielder who was man of the match against Barcelona after going toe-to-toe with Spanish World Cup winners Xavi and Andreas Iniesta.

Wilshere made his full England debut against Denmark on February 9 and followed that with an instrumental performance for his club side to help give Arsenal a vital 2-1 win on a hair-raising night at Emirates Stadium.

“It’s been a crazy couple of weeks, probably the best couple of weeks of my life,” he said. “It’s the biggest night of my Arsenal career so far.

“Definitely, without a doubt, Barcelona are the best team I’ve ever played against, with players like Xavi, Iniesta and Messi. I’ve been watching those players for years.

“By far it’s the biggest night of my Arsenal career so far, like I said, but we’ve still got a job to do at the Nou Camp.”

Source: Arsenal.com

Comments