Kieran Tierney Profile

BENDTNER: I’m Determined To Prove Myself

Nicklas Bendtner

Nicklas Bendtner has set his sights on establishing himself as an Arsenal regular again.

The Dane put a long-standing groin problem behind him to return to action in September but has since struggled to oust Marouane Chamakh, whose form has kept Bendtner on the fringes. Despite goals against Newcastle and Manchester City on his return he is yet to start a Premier League game this season.

Bendtner is going through an exciting time at present with his partner expecting a child and, with over a week until the Chelsea game, his immediate concern is spending the break with his family. But on his return he intends to fight for his place after Christmas and in the New Year.

“I want to get back to 100 per cent, get back into the squad and take my chances when I get them to prove I should be there,” said Bendtner.

“At the end of the season we can see where I am, see where the team is and how well we have done.

“I hope we will win something this season. We have a great chance in the Carling Cup which I hope we will take full advantage of. The FA Cup is coming up and we are still in the Champions League. I think it looks positive.”*

Source: Arsenal.com

Comments